Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Southwest Airlines Takes New Marketing Approach

Southwest Airlines has recently decided to take a fresh approach in their marketing strategies. Previously recognized for their "fun" take on advertising, Southwest is using the new year to dictate a more mature, polished look by addressing the company's innovativeness. Their new commercial follows a line of "entrepreneurs and mavericks" while simultaneously expressing how proud they are to be the number one domestic carrier in the United States. And rightfully so. I swear by Southwest. They are the only airline that I will fly with (when possible). I would argue that they are the easiest, most reliable air-carrier in the industry, and the company has only continued to grow over the past few years.

Some people may argue that such a blatant change in advertising strategies is a bold move. However, I think that it was a smart decision on the company's behalf. Their loyal customer base already recognizes the fact that Southwest is the entertaining and accommodating airline that it has always been. With that being said, I believe that the company's focus on its innovation will only attract more customers with their "faster-paced, younger, and more energetic" advertising efforts.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Southwest Airlines is a great one. From personal experience, it is a reliable airline and they make it easy and safe to travel. I am glad to hear that they are trying new ways to promote their industry and I am sure that their new methods will prove to be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also blogged about Southwest and their new advertising strategies. I think what is important in airline advertisements is more visual. For most people who are not frequent flyers, I think will go to a travel website and find the cheapest flight no matter the airline. The fact that Southwest has built up a name to be trust and the "number one domestic carrier." As for their loyal customers I think the ad is important to discuss how their new innovative technology will help improve the travel experience. Dedication to your patrons is wonderful to see, and knowing you'll spend less time on the runway waiting is even better!

    ReplyDelete